Current Affairs February 2020 MCQs/General Awareness/General Knowledge MCQs
1. When is Indian Coast Guard Day Celebrated?
(a) 1st February
(b) 2nd February
(c) 3rd February
(d) 4th February
2. When in World Cancer Day observed?
(a) 3rd February
(b) 4th February
(c) 5th February
(d) 6th February
3. When is Darwin Day celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of the father of evolutionary biology, Charles Darwin in 1809.
(a) 10th February
(b) 12th February
(c) 14th February
(d) 16th February
4. The ‘Task Force on Blue Economy for Sustainable Development’ is a collaboration between India and which country?
5. Which state government has recently launched a scheme named ‘Nadu-Nedu’, for modernising hospitals?
(b) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
6. Chief Minister Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (CMAPS) and the Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan (YUVA) are the schemes of which state government?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
7. Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), was renamed after which former Union Minister?
(a) Arun Jaitley
(b) Sushma Swaraj
(c) Manohar Parikkar
(d) George Fernandes
8. As per the ‘State of India’s Birds Report 2020’, which bird species showed a big increase in population?
(a) Indian peafowl
(b) Great Indian Bustard
(c) Common Ostrich
9. What is the name of the exhibition, organised by the Ministry of Textiles, for promoting Geographical Indication (GI) crafts?
(a) Shilp Mela
(b) Kala Mela
(c) Shilp Kumbh
(d) Kala Kumbh
10. ‘SAMPRITI’ is a joint military training exercise between India and which country?
(b) Sri Lanka
11. Which Indian journalist has been chosen as the recipient of 2019-20 PEN Gauri Lankesh Award?
(a) Ravish Kumar
(b) Yusuf Jameel
(c) N Ram
(d) Prannoy Ram
12. As per the recent Economic Outlook Survey released by FICCI, what is the estimated median GDP growth forecast for 2019-20?
(a) 5.0 %
(b) 5.1 %
(c) 5.2 %
(d) 5.3 %
13. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, recently?
(a) Pranab Kumar Das
(b) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
(c) M. Ajit Kumar
(d) Atanu Chakraborty
14. The Department of Telecom, India has recently taken over process to issue and manage the allocation of IMEI. What does IMEI stand for?
(a) Indian Mobile Equipment Identity
(b) International Mobile Equipment Identity
(c) Indian Multimedia Equipment Identifier
(d) International Multimedia Equipment identifier
15. Khadi wrist watches have been recently launched by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission, in association with which company?